The Athens Center for Indian & Indo-Hellenic Studies and the Shakti Yoga Studio organize a series of nine monthly lectures on the Great Indian Masters and their Teaching with the Indologist Dr Dimitrios Vassiliadis. The lectures are addressed to the students and teachers of yoga, but also to averyone interested in gaining a wider knowledge on the teachings of some of the greatest philosophers of ancient and modern India who made their mark in history.
Among the teachers to be studied are Mahavira, Buddha, Patanjali and Kapila, Nagarjuna and Shankaracharya, Abhinavagupta, Kabir and Mirabai, Vivekananda, Yogananda, Krishnamacharya, Shivananda, Ramana Maharsi, Aurobindo, Krishnamurti, as well as other famous gurus of Neo-Hinduism.
Each lecture lasts 2 hours and includes slides and video presentation.
Course starts on Saturday, October 27 at 13:00 – 15:00 Hrs
at Shakti Yoga Studio (17 – 19 Labrou Fotiadou str., Metz, Athens).
Program of lectures:
1. Saturday, October 27, 2018 – Krishnamurti: The lonely traveller
2. Saturday, November 10, 2018 – Mahavira – Seeking liberation from matter
3. Saturday, December 15, 2018 – BKS Iyengar: Tribute on the 100 years since his birth. Free entrance.
4. Saturday, January 12, 2019 – Buddha: The Middle Path of Interdependence
5. Saturday, February 9, 2019 – Kapila and Patanjali: The Duality of Matter and Spirit
6. Saturday, March 2, 2019 – Nagarjuna and Shankaracharya: The great eloquence of existence and non-existence
7. Saturday, April 6, 2019 – Abhinavagupta: Self-knowledge in Kashmir Shaivism
8. Saturday, May 11, 2019 – Kabir and Mirabai: The Bhakti Movement
9. Saturday, June 8, 2019 From Vivekananda to Osho: The Neo-Hinduism expansion to the West
Students who will complete the course will get a certificate from the Athens Center for Indian and Indo-Hellenic Studies
For registration and further information, please send an email to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is also available in: Ελληνικα (Greek)