Hindi (हिन्दी), along with English, is the official language of India.Hindi is a direct descendent of Sanskrit and belongs to the Indo-European language family. Spoken Hindi is mutually intelligible with Standard Urdu and they differ only in writing and in specialized vocabulary. Hindi alongside Urdu as Hindustani, is the third most-spoken language in the world.
Why Study Hindi?
- Communicate and interact with over700 million people
- The Indian economy is booming, offering huge opportunities for international business and scientific cooperation.
- India has a great culture. Study yoga, Ayurveda, Indian music and dance in their teachers’ language.
- Understand and enjoy movies from Bollywood, the world’s largest film industry.
- Hindi is closely linked to other South Asian languages, such as Punjabi, Urdu, Nepali and Bengali.
- Contact immigrants from South Asia living in Greece.
Hindi Courses 2019 - 20
School of Foreign Languages
Registration starts on September 2, 2019
Classes start on October 21, 2019
Weekly lessons for beginners and advanced students at the School of Foreign Languages, University of Athens (5 Stadiou ave. Syntagma). Read more
This post is also available in: Ελληνικα (Greek)