Poem by Dennis Dinopoulos
Under peeled skin this substance of life, this
elongated voice crying out to the heard in a
background of darkness; this calling of veins
where words are like music
and this pulse of the heart crying out with
eyes as distant as the sky.
Those who see it might only be the spirits of
the dead, window shopping in the avenue of
hope; former rogues of destiny looking
for another chance.
The earth spreading out like a memory.
Obviously there’s been some sales on in the
course of time. For those not so competent
swimmers falling in for any new limp or
organ classic is just another pretext to
enslave us all. Some even select
a pet for a mate.
In this corporeal parade for further
enlightenment anyone I guess can become a
victim of life.
Poems by Dennis Dinopoulos published in Indika:
- Sailing to Nangapathinam, INDIKA 2016
- Πλέοντας προς το Ναγκαπαθινάμ, INΔIKA 2016 (Greek translation)
- Sarnath, INDIKA 2015
- As Dawn was Breaking Over Agra, INDIKA 2014
- Hero Cup Final, INDIKA 2013
- The Musician from New Delhi, INDIKA 2007
- Kajuraho,INDIKA 2006
- Our Lady Lakshmi, INDIKA 2005
- Victim of Life, INDIKA 2004