Hindi (हिन्दी), along with English, is the official language of India. Hindi is a direct descendent of Sanskrit and belongs to the Indo-European language family. Spoken Hindi is mutually intelligible with Standard Urdu and they differ only in writing and in specialized vocabulary. Hindi alongside Urdu as Hindustani, is the third most-spoken language in the world.
Why Study Hindi?
- Communicate and interact with over700 million people
- The Indian economy is booming, offering huge opportunities for international business and scientific cooperation.
- India has a great culture. Study yoga, Ayurveda, Indian music and dance in their teachers’ language.
- Understand and enjoy movies from Bollywood, the world’s largest film industry.
- Hindi is closely linked to other South Asian languages, such as Punjabi, Urdu, Nepali and Bengali.
- Contact immigrants from South Asia living in Greece.
Hindi Courses 2021 – 22
FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHING CENTER
Registration – September 2021
Classes start on October 2021
Weekly online lessons for beginners and advanced students at the Foreign Languages Teaching Center, University of Athens (5 Stadiou ave. Syntagma). Read more
Athens Center for Indian & Indo-Hellenic Studies
मेरी प्रिय हिंदी – My dear Hindi. Weekly and monthly Hindi lessons for ELINEPA members. Read more
Hindi courses A and B level. Registration open all year round. Read more
Hindi and Urdu Interpreters’ Training Seminar in METAdrasis. Registration open all year round. Read more
For more information and registration, please send an e-mail with your contact details to [email protected] and we will contact you soon.