The Hellenic-Indian Society for Culture and Development (EL.IN.E.P.A.) is a civil, non-governmental and non- profit-making society that was founded in July 2003 with registration number 8591 at the Athens Court. It is registered in the list of the Cultural Institutions of the Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports with Registration Number: 4711.
The Society is administered by a Board of Directors consisting of nine members and has advisors and counselors.
The aim of the Society is the growth of the Hellenic-Indian educational, social, cultural and developmental co-operation resulting in the aesthetic, moral and intellectual uplift of the individual, development of the universal thought, intercultural dialogue and peaceful coexistence of the people. In order to fulfill the above objectives, the EL.IN.E.P.A. proceeds with the following activities:
– Publishes books, dictionaries,
– Maintains website and publishes photographic archives, and two Intercultural forums: a) INDIKA (Research Papers and Articles on Indological and Indo-Greek Studies) ΙSSN: 2654-1394; b) NEA INDIA (Studies and articles on modern India and Greek-Indian Entrepreneurship) ISSN: 2654-1386; and c) GREEK INDIAN ECONOMIC FORUM (Articles on Economy and Business) ISSN: 2732-799Χ.
– Records musical CD’s and produces scientific documentaries.
Education and Research:
– Carries out Hindi, Sanskrit, and Indian philosophy courses, as well as scientific research on Indological topics at the Athens Center for Indian and Indo-Hellenic Studies.
– Organizes lectures, projections, seminars and courses in relative subjects.
– Encourages introduction in the
– Organizes programs of classical, traditional and modern music performances.
– Organizes art exhibitions, cinematographic projections, film festivals, and other cultural events.
– Organizes cultural tours in Greece and India.
Aid and Development:
– Encourages the growth of the commercial and industrial collaboration through the Greek Indian Bussines Association (GIBA), and its partner members and Associations in India and Greece.
– Provides legal and research assistance to businessmen and immigrants through a network developed in Greece and India.
Hellenic-Indian Society for Culture & Development 15, Nikolaou Florou str., Nea Philothei, Athens 11524, GREECE e-mail: [email protected]