The 46th International Physics Olympiad took place in Mumbai, India from 05 to 12 July 2015. In this year’s Olympiad competed 382 students from 85 countries in theoretical and experimental subjects.
The first 3 positions were occupied by Taehyoung Kim from South Korea with 48.3 / 50 degrees, Jingyu Zhao from China with 48,1 / 50 points and Deng Pan from China with 48/50 points.
The Greek team, based on the results of the second phase of the third high school, consisted of the students:
1. Siammenos Fotios, 3rd Lyceum of Xanthi
2. Liberopoulos-Buntalis Philippos, Athens College
3. Tsagalidou Zoe, Lyceum AXION Xanthi
4. Papadopoulos Menelaus, 4th Lyceum of Lamia
5. Tzortzakakis Andreas-Panayotis, Lyceum of Mires
In the general rankings, the first of the Greek team came Zoe Tsagalidou, who occupied the 214th place with 22/50 points.
First of the Indian team came Gowtham Amirthya Neppoleon, who occupied the 47th position with 40.9 / 50 degrees.
The next International Physics Olympiad will take place in 2016 in Switzerland and Liechtenstein.