The Indo-Hellenic Society for Culture and Development (EL.IN.E.P.A.) is a civil, non-governmental and non- profit-making society that was founded in July 2003 with registration number 8591 at the Athens Court. The Society is administered by a Board of Directors consisting of nine members and has advisors and counselors.
The aim of the Society is the growth of the Indo-Hellenic educational, social, cultural and developmental co-operation resulting in the aesthetic, moral and intellectual uplift of the individual, development of the universal thought, transcultural dialogue and peaceful coexistence of the people. In order to fulfill the above objectives, the EL.IN.E.P.A. proceeds with the following activities:
– Publishes books, dictionaries and translations on Indo-Greek and Indological subjects.
– Maintains the website and publishes photographical archives, research papers and an Intercultural forum.
– Records musical CD’s and produces scientific documentaries.
Education and Research:
– Carries out scientific research in social and humanitarian sciences in Greece and the Indian Subcontinent.
– Organizes lectures, projections, seminars and courses in relative subjects.
– Encourages introduction in teaching of the Indological and South Asian Studies in the Greek Universities.
– Organizes programs of classical, traditional and modern music performances.
– Organizes art exhibitions.
– Organizes cultural tours in Greece and India.
Aid and Development:
– Encourages the growth of the commercial and industrial collaboration as well as the establishment of the Indo-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce.
– Provides legal and research assistance to businessmen and immigrants through a network developed in Greece and India.
Indo-Hellenic Society for Culture & Development
15, Nikolaou Florou str., Nea Philothei, Athens 11524, GREECE (Metro Panormou)
e-mail: [email protected]
This post is also available in: Ελληνικα (Greek)