The Indo-Hellenic Society for Culture and Development (EL.IN.E.P.A.) is a civil, non-governmental and non- profit-making society that was founded in July 2003 with registration number 8591 at the Athens Court. The Society is administered by a Board of Directors consisting of nine members and has advisors and counselors.
The aim of the Society is the growth of the Indo-Hellenic educational, social, cultural and developmental co-operation resulting in the aesthetic, moral and intellectual uplift of the individual, development of the universal thought, transcultural dialogue and peaceful coexistence of the people. In order to fulfill the above objectives, the EL.IN.E.P.A. proceeds with the following activities:
– Publishes books, dictionaries,
– Maintains the website and publishes photographic archives, research papers,
– Records musical CD’s and produces scientific documentaries.
Education and Research:
– Carries out Hindi, Sanskrit, and Indian philosophy courses, as well as scientific research on Indological topics at the Athens Center for Indian and Indo-Hellenic Studies.
– Organizes lectures, projections, seminars and courses in relative subjects.
– Encourages introduction in the
– Organizes programs of classical, traditional and modern music performances.
– Organizes art exhibitions, cinematographic projections, film festivals, and other cultural events.
– Organizes cultural tours in Greece and India.
Aid and Development:
– Encourages the growth of the commercial and industrial collaboration through the Greek Indian Bussines Association (GIBA), as well as the Hellenic Indian Chamber of Commerce.
– Provides legal and research assistance to businessmen and immigrants through a network developed in Greece and India.
Indo-Hellenic Society for Culture & Development 15, Nikolaou Florou str., Nea Philothei, Athens 11524, GREECE e-mail: [email protected]
This post is also available in: Ελληνικα (Greek)