We welcome the spring with a three-day (29-30-31 March 2019) excursion to the historical hot springs of Edipsos and dedicate some time to our body, mind, and spirit. We will stay in the luxurious spa hotel “Τhermae Sylla,” and follow a mild program with philosophy, physiotherapy, yoga,
The mineral springs of Edipsos have been famous for their healing properties since the 4th century B.C. The Ancient Greek writers and philosophers such as Aristotle, Strabo, and Plutarch wrote about these springs. In Edipsos the mineral spring water springs from natural wells as deep as 3,000 m at temperatures of 75-85ο C.
Heracles is said to be visiting the hot springs of Edipsos after every feat, and he stayed for a few days there to heal his wounds and regain his supreme powers.
In over the last 8-9 years, several Russian cosmonauts are visiting the Thermae Sylla spa for Space Recovery Treatment, having a special team of Russian scientists and athletes watching them daily and training them.
Our three-day retreat program starts on Friday afternoon and lasts until Sunday afternoon. It includes:
- 2 speeches by acupuncturist and holistic doctor Vassilis Tritakis
- 2 speeches by Indologist Professor Dr. Dimitris Vassiliadis on Indian Philosophy.
- Yoga sessions under the guidance of the certified yoga teachers: Olga Rendzouli (IRIS Tsagarada Mansion), Katerina Michalopoulou (“Ashram” Lechonia Agria), and Evangelos Kakalias and Chrysoula Tsorortas from the Aradhana Yoga Studio, Volos.
- Aqua aerobic dancing in the outdoor swimming pool ~ half an hour ~ with a gym trainer.
For further information and registration, please write an e-mail to email@example.com.
THERAPEUTIC INDICATIONS OF BATH THERAPY
(Duration of bath: generally 15-20 minutes, accompanied also by 15-20 minutes of rest. The water temperature and the time are defined by the doctors of Thermae Sylla Spa Wellness Hotel).
- Degenerative arthropathies (chronic and deforming cases )
- Chronic Rheumatism
- Spondylo-arthritis (chronic and anchylotic cases )
- Post-traumatic deformities and anchyloses
- Peripheral neuritis (neuralgia – myalgia)
- Tendon complaints
- Chronic gynecological complaints (salpingitis, endometrial infections, ovarian deficiency, leucorrhea, as well as some cases of sterility – use of baths and vaginal douches.
- Circulatory complaints (peripheral circulatory deficiency – due to carbon dioxide, use of some bath types)
- Endocrinological cycle disorders (due to the revitalizing effect of radon)
- The thermal water swimming pool is to be used only after consultation with the spa doctor (intense energetic hydrokinesitherapy)
- Beauty and rejuvenation
Edipsos Thermal Water Mineral Springs
According to the current international regulations (by FRESENIUS) Edipsos thermal mineral springs are ranked, on the basis of their physiochemical composition, in the saline spa category. They have a temperature of Α)70°C – 84°C, Β) 40°C – 50 °C and they are rich in valuable minerals and microelements.